University Crest

[wlug] Desktop Distro WLUG Meeting Part 2 (Now featuring Yoper!)

craig@d... craig@d...
Wed Mar 19 16:43:30 NZST 2003

All,

I'm now happy to confirm that Andreas Girardet, the author of the new and by all accounts very popular Linux distribution "Yoper", will be presenting a talk at Mondays' meeting.

The meeting is definitely at Crawshaw (http://www.wlug.org.nz/CrawshawSchool) and will start at 7:30pm.  There might even be a couple of copies of Yoper given away. :)

I'll have a quick talk about the state of Linux on the desktop ("Linux for your mum"), but unfortunately my mum won't be able to attend the meeting.

Afterwards we'll have tea & coffee and a chance to have a look at some of the new desktop distributions.

Check it out at http://www.yoper.com/ if you haven't already.

Craig