University Crest

[wlug] Mondays Meeting / Bringing PCs

Daniel Lawson daniel@m...
Sun Mar 23 11:28:34 NZST 2003

The topic of Mondays meeting will be desktop linux distrubutions (or any
other Unixy type *DESKTOP* oriented OS), with a presentation by Andreas
of Yoper Linux.

Craig has been trying to encourage people to try out a new desktop
oriented distrubution and to bring it along to the meeting to show off.
You can probably have 5 or so minutes each (depending on time and so on)
to talk about what you think are the strong points of the distro you
have chosen, compared to whatever else you've used. Nothing flash, very
informal, just your opinion on what you've used. And opinions can never
be wrong :)

As the meeting will be held in Crawshaw Primary School's Computing Lab,
if you do bring a machine you can probably avoid having to lug along a
monitor / keyboard / mouse as well. Power cords and network cables are
likewise in reasonable supply.

Last meeting we had biscuits and drink for afterwards, if people would
like to do this again I can open the staffroom up for us towards the end
of the meeting.