University Crest

[wlug] Printer Compatability

Daniel Lawson daniel@m...
Wed Mar 26 11:35:43 NZST 2003

Linuxprinting.org has plenty of good information

> Does anyone know where I can find out if the Epson Photo 830 works
> under Linux I use Mandrake 9.0

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_Photo_830

It seems its supported, although I dont know enough about mandrake to
suggest how you go about setting it up. Making sure 'gimp-print' is
installed as they suggest (or its nearest match) would be a good start,
and then using foomatic to set up your print driver.

I've not played with printers under linux for ages however. Cant help
any better than that. Does anyone else have any experience with Mandrake
and printers?