University Crest

[wlug] WLUG committee meeting

Daniel Lawson daniel@m...
Thu Mar 27 13:20:39 NZST 2003

The WLUG Committee meeting last night went very well.

The provisional minutes are available at
http://www.wlug.org.nz/MeetingTopics.2003-03-26

As president, I would like to make the following comments on the meeting.

Regarding the recently alleged actions of Sahil Gupta, the committee
decided to express their disappointment over these alleged actions to S.
Gupta in the form of a letter. As a group promoting ethical use and
development of Open Source Software, we are disappointed that any member
of the LUG would act in a such manner as has been alleged.

As promoters of ethical behaviour in the Open Source community we are
concerned about the alleged questionable ethical activity conducted by
Net4U as a commercial entity therefore we have also decided to sever all
relations with Net4U Limited. Net4U is currently sponsoring WLUG in the
form of free colocation for the WLUG Server.

We have also decided to investigate a Code of Ethics which will apply to
WLUG members, which will include an Acceptable Use Policy for both the
mailing list and the WLUG Server.

Regards,

Daniel Lawson
President,