University Crest

[wlug] help with backup options

Jodi Thomson jodi@w...
Mon Sep 1 15:10:59 NZST 2003

Hi folks

I've got Compaq ML370 G3 here running RedHat 8.0. I need to put a tape
backup unit into it and have narrowed it down to two options

1) HP storage works SDLT 220 Tape Drive

2) HP storage works Ultrium 230 Tape Drive

I want something that is easy to run using shell scripting for backups
and of course is easy to restore. Both are supported by RH8.0 however I
have never spec'd a unit for linux before.
Has anyone used either Ultrium or SDLT with Linux and can let me know
how they got on?

Cheers
Jodi

Jodi W. Anderson, Mr (BA, A+, MCP) - Computer Systems Consultant
Waikato University Library - Computing Operations Group
Ph: +64 7 838 4323
email: jodi@w...

"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've
forgotten this before."