University Crest

[wlug] Mailman/Pipermail Email Address Obsfucation

Kim Shepherd kims@w...
Fri Sep 5 08:40:21 NZST 2003

This is what your message looks like in our WLUG archives, which uses mailman/pipermail:

<quote>

[wlug] Mailman/Pipermail Email Address Obsfucation
Matt Brown matt@m...
Wed Sep 3 14:33:31 NZST 2003

Hi,

Does anybody her have experience in obsfucating email addresses in list
archives to prevent spam harvesting using pipermail/mailman. The standard
mailman privacy options only seem to apply to mailman configuration / list
information pages not the archives which are generated by pipermail, and
pipermail seems to be extinct.

I would like all email addresses in the archives to appear as
From: Matt Brown <matt@m...>
rather than
From: Matt Brown <matt@m...>

Is anybody able to offer a solution to this problem?

Matt Brown
matt@m...

</quote>

So... yeah, there's your solution. If you were referring to the WLUG list, and not any mailman/pipermail setup, then it's already done.

If you're actually wanting to know which mailman setting you need to play with, it's the obscure_addresses option.

-k.