University Crest

[wlug] simple CAD program

Martin Baehr mbaehr@e...
Mon Sep 8 12:24:51 NZST 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 09:30:39AM +1200, Glenn Ramsey wrote:
> I need to annotate some pictures with dimension lines showing angles.
> Does anyone know if there is a Linux 2D CAD program that will let me
> load a jpg image and draw dimension lines on it?

why cad?
the advantage of cad is, that it is vactor based and thus scalable.
if you draw on a jpg then that advantage is lost, because the jpg won't
scale. it does make sense if you have a complex drawing and the jpg is a
mere texture...

but if that is not the case then you might consider gimp to draw the
lines. gimp does have some vector plugins to draw lines and angles and
stuff, those should be good enough for this.

greetings, martin.
--
Pike Conference 2003 - Sep 25-27  -  http://pike.ida.liu.se/conferences/2003/