University Crest

[wlug] Domain squatting (was re: .geek.nz - last day to vote)

James Spooner james@s...
Mon Sep 8 17:44:41 NZST 2003

Craig Box wrote:
<snip>
> I'd really hope that the people who run domainname.geek.nz are not
> encouraging this kind of practise, and that all the .geek.nz domains
> that were bought are going to go to good use, not be sold off at a
> profit to someone who really wanted it but wasn't quick enough.
With my OutlookExpress quote fix...
Craig, I find it hard to believe you wouldn't buy a domain name, or rights
to anything for that matter, in which you stand to gain significantly from
your purchase.  Is your social conscience really worth that much to you?
This is where I use a Radiohead quote, you know which one.

James