University Crest

[wlug] Domain squatting (was re: .geek.nz - last day to vote)

Craig Box craig@d...
Mon Sep 8 19:36:53 NZST 2003

> Craig, I find it hard to believe you wouldn't buy a domain name, or rights
> to anything for that matter, in which you stand to gain significantly from
> your purchase.  Is your social conscience really worth that much to you?
> This is where I use a Radiohead quote, you know which one.

Geek.nz came and went.  I didn't purchase anything.

However, you're right: the only real way to profit significantly off
things is to buy them when they're brand new and cheap, and hope they
become worth something.

Craig