University Crest

[wlug] redhat linux unleashed

Daniel Lawson daniel@m...
Wed Sep 17 14:44:12 NZST 2003

Gene Smith wrote:

> I just tried to send an attachment, picture of the cover but its got
> to get moderated.
> I think the cd is version 3.0.5 from the picture.

I just googled for 'Redhat Unleashed', and found this:
http://www.cs.sun.ac.za/~akruger/red_hat_linux/rhl02.htm

<snippet>
The Red Hat Software Inc. Release
This is a release of Linux from Red Hat Software Inc. The latest version
is 3.0.3, which is included on the CD-ROM at the back of this book.

Hmm. RH 3.0.3.  I'd suggest you point out to the librarian that RH 3.0.3
is many many years old, and ask if a copy of RH 4 would do as a
replacement. And while you're there, ask if you could throw in a copy of
RH 9 as well.  I'm pretty sure least one lug member has a copy of RH 4
on CD for historic reasons, which we can copy for you, and there's
plenty of people with RH 9 round as well ;)