University Crest

[wlug] mandrake as an image within windows

JaredWigmore esperantist_linuxist@y...
Wed Sep 24 13:43:08 NZST 2003

 --- David Nicholls <davidn@w...> wrote:
> hi everyone.  i always understood that mandrake
> could be installed as an
> image within a windows partition (not that its the
> most ideal way but i
> have someone who needs this sort of thing for
> preference), and could be
> launched from win. does this still hold true?>
[snip]
> any help appreciated.

You can mount a Linux filesystem from a file (image)
(indeed, most boot floppies do so); and there's a
program called loadlin.exe which can be started in DOS
mode with some shortcut-fiddling. I'm not sure how to
set this up in Mandrake though (or any installer for
that matter:().

=====
-- JaredWigmore
http://www.wlug.org.nz/JaredWigmore