University Crest

[wlug] Information on printing to X-Terminals

Oliver Jones oliver@d...
Wed Sep 24 16:30:25 NZST 2003

There is a good accounting POS system available from Linux Canada too.
www.linuxcanada.com.  It runs on remote X-Terminals.  Linux/unix has
always had very good network printing support.  Just configure cups/lpd
on the terminals.  Or drive the printer from a HP JetDirect module.

Regards

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 14:30, Andrew Thrift @ Millennium wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am researching the viability of a POS system using a terminal server
> and remote X-Terminals with Touch Screens, each terminal would need a
> receipt printer.
> Can anyone provide me with some good links to sites regarding remote
> printing with X ??
>
> Thanks.
>

> Regards,
>

> Andrew Thrift