University Crest

[wlug] yoper ok

John R. McPherson jrm21@c...
Fri Sep 26 10:21:48 NZST 2003

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 10:12:17PM +0000, Gene Smith wrote:

> I ran the yoper installation disk last night.... it's not to bad. But I
> can't seem to get the sound card to work .... it says its not configured.
> how do you configure it? (sound blaster live 5.1). and cd won't mount with
> an audio cd in it.

1) The name of the sb live driver is "emu10k1", since that is the name
of the chip used on them. I don't know if the kernel on yoper has this
compiled into the kernel, or as a module. You try manually loading it:
 "# modprobe emu10k1". You will probably need to set the mixer settings after

2) You can't mount audio cds, only data cds

Hope this helps

John McPherson