University Crest

[wlug] Slackware 9.1

S Swami sns@p...
Sun Sep 28 17:34:53 NZST 2003

I'm getting a subscription to Slackware.  I'm doing this to ensure
that I get it for another 10 years :-). Please mail me offlist if you
want to share in it.  Also mail me if you just want to enquire how
the sharing will work.  Cost of the subscription is US$34 per
release.  Join in and make it cheaper :-)

There are currently two people interested in sharing the cost:
So,
  cost: US $17 per release (includes postage)
  1 or 2 releases per year.

 The 4-disc set includes:
 Disk 1: Bootable installation disc
 Disk 2: Bootable live disc, a Linux rescue and demo disc
 Disk 3: ZipSlack 9.1, install on FAT/FAT32 (Dos/Windows)
          -- just need 100MB space on your hard drive
          -- don't need to mess around with partitions
 Disk 4: Complete source code and handy Linux archives

The 'Slackware Essentials' book is on the CDs.  It is a well-written
introduction to Linux and the command line.  You can get the book on
the Slackware site for free.

Cheers, Sid.