University Crest

[wlug] [Fwd: End of Life for Red Hat Linux 9]

Jason Le Vaillant jfl2@m...
Sun Apr 4 16:54:18 NZST 2004

Greig McGill wrote:

>Well, I assumed it went without saying that no one would run a production
>server on anything other than stable...

Well, that is puzzling, because people are talking about upgrading to
the latest Fedora, in preference to Debian. But I understand Fedora uses
the latest versions of apps? This would seem to make it equivalent to
Debian unstable (and just as unsuitable for production servers). I've
never actually run Fedora though (and I haven't run Redhat for years),
so perhaps there's some flexibility I don't know about.