University Crest

[wlug] Renaming Debian platforms

Oliver Jones oliver@d...
Mon Apr 5 14:33:52 NZST 2004

> Im thinking ill try a fedora upgrade on my server (im using the term
> "server" fairly broadly as its not mission critical other than it being my
> border router / firewall / webserver for my home connection)

On the "server" fedora isn't really very different from RH9.  FC2 will
be a much more significant update with the inclusion of the 2.6 kernel
and SELinux etc.  The difference between RH9 FC1 is like the difference
between RH7.2 and RH7.3.  Just a refinement.

On the desktop though it is more different.  The inclusion of Gnome 2.4
over 2.2 for a start.  And I'm waiting with baited breath for Gnome 2.6
in FC2.  And even more interested in seeing Gnome 2.8 in six months with
Evolution 2, further SVG integration and other goodies.