University Crest

[wlug] Prefered Mail Client

Craig Box craig@d...
Thu Apr 15 12:23:15 NZST 2004

>> Re. Outlook/OE, it's some time since I've used them (so perhaps
>> they've improved) but I've never understood why windows users (and
>> yes, I happily use W2K in addition to Linux) don't use the superior
>> Pegasus email client.
>
> It's called, personal preference.
>
> Why change to something else, when I have no issues with my current
> mail client ?

If it weren't for a couple of bugs, which only really are a problem when
people (glares at Perry) deliberately send malformed messages, Outlook
Express would almost be "the perfect Windows mail client."

Apparently there are IMAP issues, but I've never seen them.

All the other Windows mail clients, including Thunderbird (I looked last
when it was Mozilla Mail, I guess it's getting better) suffer from "I still
look like Windows 3.1 syndrome".  OE actually integrates nicely into Windows
without needing new widgets or looking either too new or too old.  I hope MS
rescind on their "no further development" call.

Craig