University Crest

[wlug] Install fest

zcat zcat@w...
Thu Apr 15 14:43:10 NZST 2004

>So, what can you do on linux better than you can do on windows which is actually
>visible to joe end user? (remember, increased security and all that stuff does
>not apply here). It doesn't have to be big or fancy, it just has to be
>something. (DISCLAIMER, As I've said I can't suggest this thing, but I'm hoping
>that some of you gurus will know)

Stability, security, and freedom are the main selling points. And
perhaps the convenience of having a vast amount of software included on
the CD.

One of the things about open-source is that you can't stop people from
porting software to other operating systems. If it's good, someone WILL
port it to Windows sooner or later, so we don't have any must-have apps
wich exist only for Linux.