University Crest

[wlug] Install fest

Greig McGill greig@h...
Fri Apr 16 10:00:26 NZST 2004

>>Oh?  Does the license allow that?
>>Even so, it's still far more risk/hassle than we need I believe.
>
> It can run from a boot disk, no install on target PC needed.

That's beside the point.  Physical methods don't invalidate a license.

> Good question, that is one minor problem with ghost.... perhaps a spare
> 40G  HDD??
> Or setup a ghost server on a PC with some disk space and ghost over a
> network?

...NIC support...image size...etc.
Anyway, as I said, are you volunteering to do this?

Also, to Wayne, who decided that because a process "works for him" it's
infallible, and 100% safe for all, I've seen plenty of PM partitioning
problems in my time, and it's the benchmark.  So forgive me if I don't
really want to see the WLUG put its balls on the block guaranteeing the
safety of the user's data.

--
Greig McGill