University Crest

[wlug] Issues with BIND

Craig Box craig@d...
Fri Apr 16 11:50:07 NZST 2004

(Passing on the message from Drew.  Note to everyone, messages you send from
unsubscribed addresses get dropped! -- Craig)

I am having issues with a SINGLE domain "corrupt.co.nz", every other
domain is fine!

Here's the deal:

	Bind logs return nothing like they usually would saying there
was an error with the domain.

	I can dig to ALL of my AUTH NS servers, and get the records
returned no problemo.

	I can use XTRA, DTS (and a few others have used their own DNS
servers) and get returned results without any SERVFAIL errors.

	I try to dig anything to the PARADISE NS servers
(203.96.152{4,12}) and I get mixed results.
	I get www.corrupt.co.nz and corrupt.co.nz, but none of my overly
important records (home.corrupt.co.nz, mail.corrupt.co.nz)
	It returns SERVFAIL id:2 whenever I try to request anything
other then www.corrupt.co.nz / corrupt.co.nz via PARADISES NS Servers

Any ideas?

I have contacted soa@p... but god knows how long that will
take to be processed.