University Crest

[wlug] Install fest

Gavin Denby redhat@i...
Sat Apr 17 09:59:08 NZST 2004

Of course the other side of the coin, waiver or not, is that by
separating the resizing from the linux install, in whatever way, and
irrespective of the tools used. if data is lost, its not linux that did
it, but rather the resizing of the windows partition that was the issue.

The resize get done, with best care but no Guarantees and with the
risky bit taken care of ... they move on to the installfest and Linux.

In the minds eye the 2 issues are separated and linux is not the risky
bit.

Maybe the layout of the tables could accommodate this for those whose
machines are not ready/don't meet the prerequisites  for the
installfest.