University Crest

[wlug] Dual Booting for the install-fest [long]

Jason Le Vaillant jfl2@m...
Sun Apr 18 08:50:30 NZST 2004

A. Pagaltzis wrote:

>IME, WinNT derivatives are harder to get to play along. In case
>of a WinNT-derived OS I'd rather install LILO to the Linux
>partition bootsector and then go through the contortions
>necessary to make the Windows bootloader offer Linux on its menu.
>This is a lot more work than with Win9x.

Not that it's important, but I've always found Win XP behaves similarly
to Win 9X. Pointing LILO to its partition is sufficient to make it boot
(on my computer), and installing Win XP overwrites the MBR.in the same
annoying way.

--
Jason Le Vaillant