University Crest

[wlug] iptables question

Daniel Lawson daniel@m...
Tue Apr 27 10:12:07 NZST 2004

>>Dunno...  Who has that one ?
>>

>222/8 is spread all over APNIC space... KDDI (in Japan) has 222.0.0.0/12,
>if I calculate my bits correctly.

More importantly (to some of us anyway), parts of 222/8 are handed out
as the static IPs for Jetstream Surf connections. Many carriers haven't
worked out that this range has actually been allocated (or just don't
care) and seem to drop it on the floor.

One thing that made my work on my MythTV presentation a fair bit harder
was that I couldn't get to www.mythtv.org from my home IP address
(222.152.49.xxx)

Daniel