University Crest

[wlug] Programming Courses ?

Michael Cree cree@p...
Thu Apr 29 12:04:26 NZST 2004

On 29/04/2004, at 11:25 AM, Orion Edwards wrote:
>> Just to fine tune my thinking, If a new programmer learnt C++ and then
>> was handed some C code for tidy up, he would probably manage ok ???
>
> Yes. C is a subset of C++.

A clarification:  C is for the most part a subset of C++.    There are
some subtle incompatibilities.  I unfortunately forget what they are.
  If you are programming in C, having learnt C++, keep in the back of
your mind that there might be a sting in the tail somewhere if you
assume that C is a subset of C++.

Cheers
Michael

  Dr Michael Cree                Email:     cree@p...
  Senior Lecturer
  Dept. Physics and Elec. Eng.
  University of Waikato
  Private Bag 3105               Fax:       +64-7-8384835
  Hamilton                       Telephone: +64-7-8384301
  New Zealand