University Crest

[wlug] Parliamentary Questions

John R. McPherson jrm21@c...
Mon Apr 4 14:18:33 NZST 2005

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 02:10:53PM +1200, s swami wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 08:34, Greig McGill wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > After Rodney Hide spoke to us last year, he suggested that our
> > most effective tool for advocacy would be to formulate a list of
> > parliamentary questions.  A good explanation of the usefulness of
> > these can be found here:
>
> It will be the most effective tool for Rodney Hide. Has the WLUG
> approached a local MP who is a member of the Government yet (whoever
> that is)?

In case you weren't at the meeting, he will ask the questions verbatim
as given to him by us. I don't think it matters which MP asks an
oral question, the relevant minister will still have to answer it.
(Rodney gave the example of asking Dr Cullen "who owns the reserve bank"
because someone asked him to ask that question...)

John