University Crest

[wlug] Parliamentary Questions

Craig Box craig@d...
Mon Apr 4 14:23:23 NZST 2005

s swami wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 08:34, Greig McGill wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> After Rodney Hide spoke to us last year, he suggested that our
>> most effective tool for advocacy would be to formulate a list of
>> parliamentary questions.  A good explanation of the usefulness of
>> these can be found here:
>
> It will be the most effective tool for Rodney Hide. Has the WLUG
> approached a local MP who is a member of the Government yet (whoever
> that is)?

At the risk of answering a question that seems to be well answered already,
we have no reason to believe that our local members of Parliament have any
knowledge of or interest in any of the issues regarding open source.  This
is in no way really related to the region, other than Hamilton is obviously
where all the cool people live.  Better to have people with an interest in
OSS presenting it, and even better if they are outside of the Government so
they can ruffle a few feathers!

Craig