University Crest

[wlug] Parliamentary Questions

Greig McGill greig@h...
Mon Apr 4 14:37:04 NZST 2005

s swami wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 14:15, Greig McGill wrote:
>

>>>It will be the most effective tool for Rodney Hide. Has the WLUG
>>>approached a local MP who is a member of the Government yet
>>>(whoever that is)?
>>>

>>Better to use an existing connection than forge a new one?  You
>>should be all about code-reuse, Sid.  Same principle. :P
>>

>I would also have bought the "loose coupling" defence ;-)
>
>Sid.

Hrm.

While the remarks are in jest (yours and mine), it bugs me that people
seem to consider Rodney Hide to be an incompatible fit in terms of
putting our views to parliament?  Why is that?  Perhaps we should start
a politics thread, but it could get messy...

Anyway, in summary - he's a liberal, so he cares about personal freedom,
and he is passionate about Open Source.  How can that require loose
coupling? :)

G.