University Crest

[wlug] Parliamentary Questions

Michael Honeyfield mike.honeyfield@x...
Mon Apr 4 15:01:51 NZST 2005

> While the remarks are in jest (yours and mine), it bugs me that people
> seem to consider Rodney Hide to be an incompatible fit in terms of
> putting our views to parliament?  Why is that?  Perhaps we should start
> a politics thread, but it could get messy...
>
> Anyway, in summary - he's a liberal, so he cares about personal freedom,
> and he is passionate about Open Source.  How can that require loose
> coupling? :)

I don't think it matters which member of parliament, as long as they are willing to take our (Linux/OS community) concerns/issues etc to parliament on behalf of us.

Act is not my choice when it comes to voting time, but if Act will help create parliamentry awareness, then sweet.   Likewise with Greens... the more the merrier.

Just my thoughts on that.

Mike