University Crest

[wlug] Parliamentary Questions

David Hallett david@p...
Mon Apr 4 16:05:37 NZST 2005

At 15:45 4/04/2005, you wrote:
>"loose coupling" as in minimising the number of different classes
>that our class talks to. So when we change our question, we just
>send a message to the Rodney liberal class as opposed to a
>collection of x incompatible classes.

Interestingly in our context, Rodney Hide is an implementation of the
Facade Pattern, as we don't require knowledge of the "incompatible"
government interface(s) that are indirectly referenced. Also the phrase
"loose coupling" is relatively deprecated and now is most commonly referred
to within the Object Oriented arena simply as Abstraction.

David