University Crest

[wlug] Curious about OSS

Glenn Ramsey glenn@c...
Mon Apr 4 21:42:41 NZST 2005

Mark Grimshaw wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just curious.  Among all the emails about _using_ OSS, how many
> people here _produce_ OSS?

I'm surprised that a fairly large number number of the regular posters
are developers rather than users, perhaps wldg would be a better name ;-).

To add the list I wrote the epson stylus color 300 driver in Ghostscript
and co-wrote the microtek scanmaker 3600 driver in SANE, which due to
lack of hardware documentation is a big and ugly hack that I'm not proud
of. I also contribute the odd bug report and patch to various projects.

Glenn Ramsey <glenn@c...> 07 8627077
http://www.componic.co.nz