University Crest

[wlug] Curious about OSS

Oliver Jones oliver@d...
Mon Apr 4 22:41:16 NZST 2005

I'm not that surprised.  I would imagine a lot of Linux "users" are
developers to some degree.  Even if it is only shell/perl scripts to
help themselves.  Linux is an OS by and for its users.  It didn't spring
out of thin air.  It requires people to constantly add to and refine it.

It is a fundamental aspect of Open Source/Free Software that all users
have access to the source code of the software they use.  It only
requires a little determination and learning for a passive "user" to
become a proactive "developer".

Regards

--
                   Oliver Jones » Roving Code Warrior