University Crest

[wlug] Sudo

Greig McGill greig@h...
Tue Apr 5 09:55:42 NZST 2005

Daniel Lawson wrote:

> As humourous as this thread is, HTML mails generally are discouraged
> to mailing lists, as a form of netiquette. If you send both HTML and
> plain text, then at least a sensible reader will only show plain text
> in appropriate circumstances, however it's still not preferred. If you
> can't make your mailer send both html and plaintext, then I'd go with
> the grandparent's advice of "Fix your mailer"

I'd also like to suggest that a good way to solve this problem might be
a polite off-list reply to the "offender", asking them to fix their
mailer.  A terse public complaint, while it may make you feel all
superior, does nothing but get peoples backs up.  Yes, I've been guilty
of this in the past, but I'm trying!  (Very trying...)

G.