University Crest

[wlug] Mailing list etiquette (was Re: Sudo)

Michael Honeyfield mike.honeyfield@x...
Tue Apr 5 11:43:42 NZST 2005

> > I have to say here that I use thunderbird, which seems to like sending
> > in HTML and plain by default, and will reply to HTML in HTML and plain
> > by default. This isn't my preferred choice!
>

> Ditto.  I've even set the plain text option hard in my prefs file, it
> just refuses. :(
> Any Thunderbird gurus out there that know how to fix this?  I've
> followed the instructions at:
>
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Thunderbird_:_FAQs_:_Using_Plain_Text

Not only is there the plain vs html text emails, there is also the way in which you post. NZOSS tries to use a post at the bottom of each email, making the thread logical to read, snipping where needed if the thread becomes too long.

This is probmatic for those that use Outlook, for example, since outlook will post to the top of the email..

I have a link to mailing list etiquette, but cant find it atm.

Mike