University Crest

[wlug] Re: wlug Digest, Vol 166, Issue 8

d_king@x... d_king@x...
Tue Apr 5 12:30:03 NZST 2005

On 5 Apr 2005 at 11:59, wlug-request@l... wrote:
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:41:56 +1200
> From: Bnonn <bnonn@o...>
>
> I'm not meaning to stir or be a pest; I just don't understand why any
> mail client in use today would not support HTML; or why people would
> turn it off? Surely, unless you're using OE, security isn't a problem.

Ummm, you're missing several other security issues. An example would be the exploit
that is available via GIF images.

My modern eMail reader (copyright 2004) doesn't display images that aren't included in
the eMail as an attachment. This is a security feature. But, my eMail program is free, and
is written by a NZ'er

> People seem to manage browsing the web without issues, and that's a far
> less controlled and predictable environment than email.

That all depends on which web browser you use......but that's a seperate flame war.

---
David G King : d_king@x...
zl1dgk@n...   ZL1DGK
http://dking.gen.nz  http://freet.blogspot.com