University Crest

[wlug] Mailing list etiquette (was Re: Sudo)

Oliver Jones oliver@d...
Tue Apr 5 14:05:05 NZST 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 13:57 +1200, Matt Brown wrote:

> There is no need to resort to HTML to fix this problem, RFC2646 defines
> format=flowed (see http://www.joeclark.org/ffaq.html for a great intro)
> which is intended to fix this exact problem, using *plain text*.

That's great Matt.  I was unaware of the format=flowed standard.  It is
wonderful that there is a way of doing this in plain text.  And it
addresses one of the (few) problems of plain text mail.  However there
are many other benefits to XHTML formatted mail not addressed by RFC
2646.

                   Oliver Jones » Roving Code Warrior