University Crest

[wlug] Mailing list etiquette (was Re: Sudo)

Greig McGill greig@h...
Tue Apr 5 14:54:33 NZST 2005

Daniel Lawson wrote:

> Granted, this isn't mentioned anywhere up front. Maybe it should be in
> the AUP of the list? (along with "Don't diss other people's mothers",
> and please spell "Microsoft" correctly, thanks)

It's not, you're correct.  By the way, your mother was great last night,
and M$ LookOut renders HTML fine. ( ;-) for the hypocrisy police ).

In the absence of an updated AUP (which we'll have to run past the
committee etc.), I will make a Fistly decree in the meantime to end this
really long, and fairly off-topic thread.

1.  DO NOT post to the list in HTML if you can avoid it.  Accidents
hapen, we don't mind accidents.  If someone asks you politely to change
to plain text for posting to the list, please comply.

2.  DO NOT continue this thread on list! ;)

So speaks the Fist.  Get up, you are worthy.

G.