University Crest

[wlug] Mailing list etiquette (was Re: Sudo)

James Clark jamesc@b...
Tue Apr 5 14:55:29 NZST 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 02:36:14PM +1200, Daniel Lawson wrote:
> sure how most MUA's render HTML - the moz based ones use gecko, OE etc
> uses IE's rendering, but I don't know how Opera / Incredimail / Pegasus
> / Eudora and so on use them. If they embed a standard html parsing
> control, then fine, otherwise they might do who knows what.

If HTML messages were to become the email standard you can guarantee
Microsoft will adjust their MUAs to send M$HTML (the broken stuff) so
that competing MUAs couldn't render anything properly.

IMO plain text is just nicer to read.

James.