University Crest

[wlug] SMB question

Daniel Lawson daniel@m...
Tue Apr 5 23:21:20 NZST 2005

> I've had the same problem before.  I believe it is Samba that is at
> fault.  Ext3 can support files larger than 2GB.  I think it can do files

So does ext2 as it happens, it's the 2.2 kernel which has issues. And if
your distribution is built with a 2.2 kernel in mind, your entire
userspace will suffer from the same issue. Vis-a-vis Debian Woody, which
ships with 2.2.19 as the default kernel. You can use 2.4.18 straight
from install, but getting 64bit file offset support is a royal pain in
the ass.