University Crest

[wlug] A significant Press Release

zcat zcat@m...
Wed Apr 6 15:21:53 NZST 2005

> Note, I'm not referring to you, or anyone in particular here Bruce,
> just a generic behaviour pattern I've noticed at some meetings.

What really gets me (in the case of both the Greens and a certain very
vocal person at WLUG) is people who rant and rave about how great Linux
is and how evil Micro$oft (sic) are, but still consistently use Windows
and Microsoft where perfectly good Free tools exist.

Fair enough if you have to use Microsoft tools because of work
requirements. Fair enough if you're not a foaming-at-the-mouth
anti-microsoft zealot. It's the hypocracy that bothers me.

--
On June 1, 2001, Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft, told the Chicago Sun-Times: "Linux is cancer."
Unsurprisingly that's incorrect; LINUX was released on August 25th 1991 and is therefore a Virgo.