University Crest

[wlug] A significant Press Release

zcat zcat@m...
Wed Apr 6 15:33:09 NZST 2005

>In this particular case, the problem is that neither the IIS web server
>nor the page specify a character encoding, so it's up to your browser's
>default. But I doubt Nandor has any control over the webserver.
>
>John

I noticed that just after I posted. The page has no comments indicating
what tools generated it; however the w3c validator reports several
invalid characters for both utf-8 and iso-8859-1. It's clean in
Windows-1252. I can't be sure that it was authored using a Microsoft
tool and subsequently 'sanitised' but the choice of character set
strongly suggests that.

--
On June 1, 2001, Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft, told the Chicago Sun-Times: "Linux is cancer."
Unsurprisingly that's incorrect; LINUX was released on August 25th 1991 and is therefore a Virgo.