University Crest

[wlug] Official announcement of 2005 Installfest

Craig Box craig@d...
Thu Apr 7 15:38:39 NZST 2005

James Clark wrote:
> What's the distro of choice, or is it up to the user?

As per the Wiki page:

Recommended Distribution
------------------------

The distribution that we will be recommending and helping to install is
Ubuntu v5.04 (Hoary Hedgehog). We have selected this as it is the
distribution that most of the Linux experts in the LUG are familiar with and
recommend. If you don't know what you want, please accept our recommendation
and try this one. You can use the registration form to notify us if you are
planning on installing a distribution other than Ubuntu, and we will try and
have the appropriate resources / skills available. If you have not notified
us that you would like to install a different distribution we cannot
guarantee that we will be able to get anything to work.

Craig