University Crest

[wlug] Official announcement of 2005 Installfest

Craig Box craig@d...
Thu Apr 7 15:48:55 NZST 2005

> Ubuntu, good - it's Debian based.  Don't forget to take some Kubuntu
> CD's for those that aren't spatially adept.

Wow, it only took 20 mins for KDE to be mentioned.

If people request Kubuntu on the installation form we will try and support
it.  It is probably easier to use it as our "KDE distro" than Mandrake etc
due to shared packages.  However, unless people specifically ask, due to the
overwhelming experience and support with GNOME that most of the "senior"
WLUG members have, plain Ubuntu it will be.  It's great.  You should try it.

Craig