University Crest

[wlug] Official announcement of 2005 Installfest

Daniel Lawson daniel@m...
Thu Apr 7 15:53:20 NZST 2005

> If people request Kubuntu on the installation form we will try and support
> it.  It is probably easier to use it as our "KDE distro" than Mandrake etc
> due to shared packages.  However, unless people specifically ask, due to the
> overwhelming experience and support with GNOME that most of the "senior"
> WLUG members have, plain Ubuntu it will be.  It's great.  You should try it.

It's worth mentioning how much of a bother having to support n distros
is. Last year we picked Fedora Core as our distro, but of course people
turned up and wanted Mandrake 9 or 10, or Debian, or whatever else.  It
significantly increases load on the people doing the work, it increases
idea what people might be getting), and ends up meaning people get a
worse deal from it.

Daniel