University Crest

[wlug] Official announcement of 2005 Installfest

James Clark jamesc@b...
Thu Apr 7 16:15:25 NZST 2005

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 03:53:20PM +1200, Daniel Lawson wrote:
> >  It's great.  You should try it.

Each to their own.  I'll stick with Debian+WindowMaker, I dabble with
others but keep coming back to this.

> It's worth mentioning how much of a bother having to support n distros
> is.

If it's Ubuntu and Kubuntu n is less than 2.  Same distro, different
desktop environments.

> significantly increases load on the people doing the work, it increases
> idea what people might be getting), and ends up meaning people get a
> worse deal from it.

As above, most of what needs upgrading at the time will be shared,
only the desktop stuff being different.

You're bound to have at least one KDE fan their that knows his stuff.

Cheers,
James.