University Crest

[wlug] Official announcement of 2005 Installfest

Bnonn bnonn@o...
Thu Apr 7 16:56:00 NZST 2005

I'm pretty interested in attending this, and I note the mention on the
wiki of second hand PCs possibly being available.

Can anyone provide more information on this, as I'm looking for a
cheapish computer for my parents, and could use the opportunity to
install Ubuntu on it (I already run Ubuntu at home so don't feel
terribly inclined to install it on my own machines ;)).

What sort of specs, what sort of price, and most importantly, what sort
of backgrounds would these second hand PCs (should they exist) have? My
parents are justifiably dubious about getting a second-hand machine in
the event that it fails three months after purchase, so I'd like to know
its pedigree, as it were.

Regards

Bnonn