University Crest

[wlug] Official announcement of 2005 Installfest

Craig Box craig@d...
Thu Apr 7 17:42:35 NZST 2005

> What sort of specs, what sort of price, and most importantly, what sort
> of backgrounds would these second hand PCs (should they exist) have? My
> parents are justifiably dubious about getting a second-hand machine in
> the event that it fails three months after purchase, so I'd like to know
> its pedigree, as it were.

The current plan is to approach a second hand PC vendor and have them on
site on the day.

The only way to have any idea of how long a PC will last is to get good
quality gear (probably ex-lease) and let the law of averages carry you
through.

I've contacted Recycled Technology but so far have had no response.  I
know there was at least one WLUG member affiliated with them; if that's
still they case, can they get someone from RT to contact me please?

Thanks
Craig