University Crest

[wlug] Real world requirements

Craig Box craig@d...
Thu Apr 7 18:38:23 NZST 2005

> > 1.  Outlook+Exchange.  I run Thunderbird to read my home email over an
> > ssh vpn (thanks putty).
>
> Have you tried the Exchange connector for Evolution?  I'd be interested
> to hear how that works.

It works really really well.  I surprised myself when I first looked at
it.  Click it on and you have full access to what appears to be
everything.

It's a bit disturbing that instead of Linux being a server OS, we are
closer to a Linux desktop that has complete interoperability with a
Windows server, than the other way around.

Craig