University Crest

[wlug] Real world requirements

Greig McGill greig@h...
Fri Apr 8 08:17:02 NZST 2005

Craig Box wrote:
>>Have you tried the Exchange connector for Evolution?  I'd be interested
>>to hear how that works.
>
> It works really really well.  I surprised myself when I first looked at
> it.  Click it on and you have full access to what appears to be
> everything.

Hrm, having used it every day for about 3 months, it is a bit less than
stable.  The two biggest problems I had were:

1.  Destruction of email.  It seemed to "partially receive" email, and
*somehow* manage to mangle the server stored copy, so that even if I
accessed it later using Outlook, I'd just get a blank email, with
mangled "garbage" headers.  I wish I had kept one of these, as I meant
to file it as a bug, but was too busy at the time.

2.  General instability.  It crashed a LOT.  Evo seemed fine running on
its own, but add the plugin, and the evo root window would just vanish
at random intervals.

Needs more work.  I've not used it again for about 3 months though.
This may be fixed now...

G.