University Crest

[wlug] Official announcement of 2005 Installfest

Lindsay Druett lindsayd@w...
Fri Apr 8 09:18:22 NZST 2005

I've installed Ubuntu on a few different machines and had no problems at
all with installing Ubuntu, and it's really easy to update.

Personally, I like KDE, but not really fussed which desktop environment
I use, Ubuntu will soon be support Gnome.  But hey, it's Debian
underneath and there is no reason why you can't install Gnome right now
(providing you're using the install CD).

Another thing...
Grieg has mentioned this heaps of times...  Please cut the crap, this
"Windoze" business (or whatever other nickname used) is totally
unprofessional and doesn't do WLUG any favours when used on the list
IMO.  You heard the man, Obey the Fist !