University Crest

[wlug] GNOME's PPP dialer

Bnonn bnonn@o...
Fri Apr 8 09:38:44 NZST 2005

I'd like to ask, because the wiki entry doesn't mention it: what sort of
level of expertise is expected/required of those who are helping? I
don't consider myself a "power user" in Linux in the way that I think
many of you are: I can't write my own code, and my ability to fix
problems is limited, often, by how well I can use google. However, I
have been using Ubuntu for quite a while, and Linux in general for some
time before that, and feel relatively comfortable with it. I would be
very happy to help out IF my level of expertise is considered high
enough; I'm just not sure it will be :)

I'll be bringing along a friend who is interested in switching to Linux,
and I'm happy to mentor him, but I'm not sure how the general structure
of these events works so that may be a superfluous offer.

Can someone fill me in?